We hope you had a great Christmas and wish you a happy new year from everyone at TaxPenny!
2013 Tax Updates
- Get your taxes in order - if you need to submit a tax return for income earned between the 6th April 2011 and 5th April 2012, you need to get this submitted electronically to HMRC by the 31st January 2013. Avoid penalties, headaches and paying too much tax by entrusting our qualified tax advisers to sort your paperwork out and get everything in order for you - from only £199 - get in touch by getting a free quote below.
- From April 2013, people under 65 can look forward to a new higher personal allowance of £9,440 - meaning any income earned below this figures incurs no income tax (.. national insurance is still payable on income from £7,748 .. not all good news!). Use our 2013 Tax Calculator to check your taxes.
We'll leave you with a few statistics provided by HMRC for this year's festivities:
- The night before Christmas saw over 14,000 people put their finances in order and submit their tax return online. This is a huge increase on last years 4,000. The vast majority, 73 percent submitting their tax return between 11pm and midnight.
- 40 percent more people filed their tax return online on Christmas Day this year! 1,548 people spent the post Christmas dinner slump filing their tax return online - an incease of 448 over the 1,110 last year.
- Over 4,500 people recovering on Boxing Day took time out from munching leftovers and browsing the sales to sort through their income paperwork and send their tax return too. This is an increase of a third over last year.